Ever since I jailbroke, my iCloud Tab syncing is not working anymore. Trying to see if others are experiencing the same issue. These are the steps I tried:
• Closed all tabs on iPad and iPhone
• Turned off Safari syncing in iCloud Settings panel, chose to delete data from devices
• Force-quit Safari with no tabs open and Safari sync turned off
• Turned back on Safari sync in iCloud Settings panel
• launched Safari and saw if iCloud tabs work properly
What I found is while Reading list and bookmarks restore properly, iCloud tabs on all devices still show the last set of tabs before the jailbreak. Can other people confirm this? Is there a place to submit bugs to the jailbreak team?
After the latest update on Cydia, iCloud syncing is working for me on my iPhone 4s (GSM). It is still not working on an iPad 2 (GSM). Please when reporting your specific details, mention what kind of hardware you have issues with (what model iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and whether GSM or CDMA). Thank you!
The problem was still apparent for me on the iPad 2, so I followed the steps @to86 outlined (deleting the two cache files). This is now working for me across devices, but there is a phantom iPad left over from earlier. I will post back in a week if the device disappears.
UPDATE Feb 10: I can confirm that eventually the phantom device disappeared. I no longer have the iPad showing up twice. Whether this is related to one of the subsequent updates, or just a time out, I don't know, but iCloud Tab Syncing is working once again...
Mine seemed to fix with the update plus 1 or 2 extra steps, let me outline the steps for everyone, hopefully it works. I have an iphone 4S and iPad 3rd gen, both running iOS 6.1. The iphone started syncing immediately following installation of the new evasion update, following reboot. My iPad did not work and I tried the extra steps.
1) Install evasion update and make sure you reboot 2) Uninstall appsync if you have it installed 3) If still not working use iFile or other file explorer to navigate to var/mobile/Library/caches and delete the following two files: com.apple.mobile.installation.plist com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore 4) reboot again. Your apps will be missing, but dont be alarmed, they come back automatically over the first minute or so.
This fixed the issue for me. Hopefully it worked for you.
Alright, so the latest evasi0n fixed it for my iPhone, but not for the iPad. The iPad is still showing outdated info for all devices, and they still show outdated info for the iPad.
I fixed it for the iPad by following the steps @to86 outlined and deleting the two cache files he talks about. Please see his post for their names and vote up his answer!
I can confirm that the method described by @to96 and jbthemofo works.
My device is iPad mini and i sync it with my MBA. The problem was still there despite tat i've updated evasi0n via cydia. I used cyberduck to delete the 2 cache files, disabled and enabled icloud-safari on both devices and TabSync work again.
But i've noticed that my ipad safari synedc slower than that of my MBA. Not sure if this is normal and was like that even before the jailbreak. My MBA update the tabs almost immediately, but the ipad takes a few minutes or immediately after a restart (safari).
There is no 'phantom' phenomenon.
No re-launch daemon done.
Hope this fix helps everyone..
started working for me after removing app sync
answered 10 Feb, 14:37