Ever since I jailbroke, my iCloud Tab syncing is not working anymore. Trying to see if others are experiencing the same issue. These are the steps I tried:
• Closed all tabs on iPad and iPhone
• Turned off Safari syncing in iCloud Settings panel, chose to delete data from devices
• Force-quit Safari with no tabs open and Safari sync turned off
• Turned back on Safari sync in iCloud Settings panel
• launched Safari and saw if iCloud tabs work properly
What I found is while Reading list and bookmarks restore properly, iCloud tabs on all devices still show the last set of tabs before the jailbreak. Can other people confirm this? Is there a place to submit bugs to the jailbreak team?
After the latest update on Cydia, iCloud syncing is working for me on my iPhone 4s (GSM). It is still not working on an iPad 2 (GSM). Please when reporting your specific details, mention what kind of hardware you have issues with (what model iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and whether GSM or CDMA). Thank you!
The problem was still apparent for me on the iPad 2, so I followed the steps @to86 outlined (deleting the two cache files). This is now working for me across devices, but there is a phantom iPad left over from earlier. I will post back in a week if the device disappears.
UPDATE Feb 10: I can confirm that eventually the phantom device disappeared. I no longer have the iPad showing up twice. Whether this is related to one of the subsequent updates, or just a time out, I don't know, but iCloud Tab Syncing is working once again...
The question has been closed for being "Solved" by spockers, 14 Aug, 21:36
Mine seemed to fix with the update plus 1 or 2 extra steps, let me outline the steps for everyone, hopefully it works. I have an iphone 4S and iPad 3rd gen, both running iOS 6.1. The iphone started syncing immediately following installation of the new evasion update, following reboot. My iPad did not work and I tried the extra steps.
1) Install evasion update and make sure you reboot 2) Uninstall appsync if you have it installed 3) If still not working use iFile or other file explorer to navigate to var/mobile/Library/caches and delete the following two files: com.apple.mobile.installation.plist com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore 4) reboot again. Your apps will be missing, but dont be alarmed, they come back automatically over the first minute or so.
This fixed the issue for me. Hopefully it worked for you.
The above method of deleting Appsync which I didn't even realise was on my iPad 2 as I don't pirate games and deleting the 2 cache files solved this problem. Not only was cloud tabs not working but icloud game saves would not work either. Thanks
answered 14 Aug, 21:32